James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, December 4, 2010

And here we go again...

Though it's certainly felt like a lifetime in the making, I have finally reached the end of the dreaded first trimester.

Here I am, in all my 12-week glory:


See?  I TOLD you I was showing much faster with this one. [To compare, CLICK HERE]
And though I should probably lay off the holiday treats, it's nice to finally be able to excuse my newly-acquired Santa belly.

I'm most excited about getting my energy back and being able to keep [some] foods down.  I've been a lousy mom over the past few months.  No really, I have. I'm anxious to prove to my daughter I can be fun again.

We had an ultrasound done around seven and a half weeks to determine how far along I was.  Even though baby bears a startling resemblance to an upside down Butterfinger bell, I couldn't help but fall madly in love.


I have another photo shoot scheduled for a week from Monday, and can't wait to see a little face, arms and legs.  Even though this is my second go round, I am still amazed at the whole process.  I look at Lola and consider the fact that it wasn't too long ago I was growing her inside my body.  And then I consider the fact that it won't be too long until this new baby will be Lola's age -- running around, talking like crazy and keeping me on my toes all day long.

Life is just so incredibly precious.

There are a few people without whom I am certain I would not have survived the past three months.

Reece, of course, was thrilled from the moment the plus sign appeared on the pee stick.
He held me while I irrationally sobbed about betraying the baby I already had.
He helped me remember that this is what we wanted, what we had been praying for.
He quietly cleaned the house, played with our girl, went on crazy food runs and rubbed my feet without being asked.
He handled my grumpiness like a champ.
Needless to say, there is no one in this world I would rather be parenting with, and that is an absolute fact.

Our mothers were the first family members to know.
They both provided countless words of support and encouragement when I felt down.
They gladly took Lola so I could rest and regain my sanity.
They, as always, serve as perfect examples of the kind of mother I aspire to be.

My sweet, angelic friend Cindy, who has served as my confidant and support from the very, very beginning.  She's brought me treats, watched Lola during my doctor visits, endured my mood swings and kept my spirits high with daily shopping trips, lunch outings and walks.  I am so blessed to have a girlfriend who is really more like a sister.

And last, but certainly not least, my sweet Lola.  Even as I write this I can't help but get emotional [hormones, hormones, hormones] when I consider what a perfect companion she has been to me since the moment I learned of her existence.  Her lovely spirit makes our family complete, and though we are adding to that family, my first baby will always hold a very special part of my heart that can only belong to her.  In her own way, she has never failed to provide the support, love and encouragement that I so desperately need.  A few nights ago I was laying on the couch, sick as a dog, and she came over to me, pulled up my sweatshirt and gave "bee bee" a kiss.  I know she will be the best big sister a kid could ask for, and I'm so grateful she came first to be the leader and the example for her siblings.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to celebrate 12 with a big bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream.
I am eating for two you know.

5 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

You are looking so good! Thanks for the shout out, you know I think the same about you, and I am as equally grateful for your friendship. Love you lots.

Caitlin said...

yay for baby #2!!! That's so exciting jess i'm so happy for you guys! remember, by summertime, you're going to have 2 very willing babysitters ok! love ya jess:)

Amy said...

You always ALWAYS make me cry with these things! Geez!

I'm so happy for you.

Katie said...

This is so exciting! Congratulations!

mathistown said...

Wow do I ever remember being so glad to be done with the first trimester! Ick. Hope the rest is smooth sailing!