James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pregnancy problem...

I had forgotten what pregnancy does to my appetite.
It makes me hate the foods I normally adore, and yearn for foods that normally make me want to vomit.

Case in point:

On my way home from work at roughly 12:30 a.m. this morning, I had a sudden hankering for a hamburger.
Not a gourmet, FDA-approved burger, but a crappy Wendy's burger with the chopped up onions and fake pickles.

So I turned my car around and headed to the kingdom of grease.  As I pulled up to the order board, the 5-piece chicken nuggets caught my eye, so I threw them into my order as well.

And to justify this ungodly food run, I picked up two double stacks for my husband.
Because double stacks are boy food and chicken nuggets are girl food.

We live about five minutes from the nearest Wendy's.
Both the hamburger and nuggets were gone by the time I pulled into my driveway.

Back at the apartment, I watched Reece unwrap those double stacks, grabbed one from his hands and proceeded to consume half of it.

It's going to be a long, fattening six months.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow, I can't wait until we get together. We can swap stories AND make a Wendy's run!!

robocop said...

I'm going to be a total Debbie Downer, but...go look up what chicken nuggets are made out of and then you will never eat one again. Hey, it might just solve your pregnancy problem.

Lisa said...

Just so you know, Dan made me read this post with the precursor of "I'm glad you didn't eat like Jessica when you were pregnant." Which I am quite sure had nothing to do with the quantity OR quality of the food I consumed (we ate an entire frozen apple pie about every three days), just that I let him eat his own double-stacks.

Lisa said...

I just re-read that comment and am now hoping you don't find it offensive and hate me/Dan forever.

What I meant to say is:
I was addicted to the fake pickles and chopped onions, too. Especially the pickles.

And:
You should be grateful for your kind husband who shares his precious burgers. We know what kind of a sacrifice that is around here.

Amy said...

I like pregnant Jessica. And normal Jessica too.

Katie said...

I get really intense cravings for things like that a lot. But I'm not pregnant so I have no excuse...heh.