James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, July 15, 2012

A thing for ferry boats...


The first time my baby girl peed in a public toilet was on the Washington State Ferry to Bainbridge Island.
Heaven only knows what diseases lurked on that seat, but we'll cherish that filthy bathroom (there was a disposal bin for NEEDLES on the wall?!?!) forever.
 The joys of potty training on the go.


 When we got to Poulsbo, Lola marched into the bookstore to pick out her prize.
She came out with a book of sushi stickers.
She must be my daughter.


It was a surprisingly sunny day on Bainbridge Island.
I don't think I've ever seen the sun there until that day.

We spent some time wandering the Poulsbo waterfront (after scarfing down a doughnut from Sluy's Bakery, of course).
What I wouldn't give to have my primary form of transportation be a sailboat.


 On the ferry ride back to the city, we played a little putt putt -- courtesy of the new City Target (July 29th! July 29th!).
As if I needed another reason to love that brand.


Good times were had by all.
Well, except Lola, who was so over taking pictures at the front of the boat.


"MOM! Give me your phone! You need to stop it."

What a gal.

1 comments:

Marissa Waddell said...

Is Lola the most sassy, entertaining child ever? I'm sure she gives you a run for your money sometimes, but I love the hilarious anecdotes!