James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A dream fulfilled...

Lola first laid eyes on her soulmate the very day we rolled into Seattle.
There it was, a gleaming circle of glory, welcoming us to our new home.

From that moment on, her heart has belonged to the Great Ferris Wheel.


She waited patiently for more than a month, 
kicking off every morning with an, "is it twirling yet mama?"
 
I'm certain if she only remembers one thing from her summer in Seattle, it will be the presence of this majestic addition to the city's skyline.
 
Naturally, we had to be among the first to test it out.
So there we were, standing in an insane line on opening day, all to make our daughter's dreams come true.
 
Here's the skinny:
 
This thing is ridiculous.
No one seems to think air conditioning is necessary for housing in this city (I beg to differ, by the way), but heaven forbid we have a ferris wheel without cool air.
 
At 175 feet tall, it's the country's second-largest ferris wheel.
The VIP gondola with leather seats and a glass floor [insert panic attack here] must be mentioned.
 
It's a trap impeccably designed to ensnare even the most cautious tourist.


 The verdict:

Totally overpriced, maybe a little overrated, but definitely something I'm glad we did... once.
The views were fantastic, that I cannot deny.

Lola loved every second of it and James spent the entire ride yelling at the seagulls and trying to escape.
As for me, I spent the entire 25 minutes trying not to scream.
Heights aren't really my thing.


I will admit, though, the birds that wake me up every morning definitely have the best view of the city.

1 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

Ooo how much? Maybe we'll go on Sunday even thought those things terrify me. :)