James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sails on parade...

Every Thursday evening, dozens of sailboats gather in Elliott Bay for an informal race.
And every Thursday evening, we get giddy watching the show from our windows.

One such night, Kelly, Lola and I walked down to the waterfront path for a front-row seat.
Not even the drizzle could damper our delight.


 I'm not sure why I'm so obsessed with sailboats.
There's something almost magical about them, rendering me powerless to look away.

Anyone who visits Seattle must walk along the Elliott Bay trail.
It's become my favorite jogging route, and somehow I always find more energy to go further when I glance out at the water.


 Also, it's important to never interrupt Lola when she's singing a song about the fish that live in the water by her Seattle house.
If you do, you'll be given the death glare.


 I should know better than to disturb her when she's busy composing.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Every post makes me wish I lived there.

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

I love that beautiful face in the last photo. :)