James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Fremont Memorial Day...

We kicked off our Memorial Day celebration right -- with a family trip to Target.
Our kids love this store, and that is how I know they are mine.


I really only mention the Target trip so I have an excuse to post those photos of my babes.
They kill me.

I thoroughly enjoyed how the Space Needle marked the holiday.


We met up with Alysha and Jason in Fremont, where we found that our favorite consignment store was having a retirement sale.
The man who owns the place opened up shop back in the 70s, and it seemed the entire city came out to bid him farewell.


I scored an awesome little teapot for a whopping $1.

We then paid a visit to Ophelia's Books, where Lola could have played all day.
We climbed up to the loft and she pulled out about 40 books to peruse on the tiny couch.
I'm glad she's a bookworm like her mama.


 After we'd had our fill of Fremont shopping, we took a jaunt along the waterfront down by the bridges.


 We sat under the bridge to eat our PB&Js and watched the boats pass.
How I'll go back to living in a place without boats, I do not know.

Seattle is filled with random art -- scattered in the least-likely settings.
I think Reece and I have discovered our favorite piece...


 Last, but certainly not least, we followed the bridge to the Fremont Troll.
So, so, so, so, so weird.
And creepy.

When we asked Lola if she wanted to get out of the stroller for a picture, she peered at the creature and declared with a furrowed brow, "Maybe tomorrow."


On our way home, our car died.
Because apparently our car hates Seattle.

Luckily Alysha and Jason were there to save us, and we were extremely sad to bid them farewell that night.
We loved showing them around our summer city and hope they come visit again!

1 comments:

The Kewish Family said...

Hey Jessica,

Thanks for all the great posts and allowing me to stalk your blog. It really makes me miss my hometown. I'm so jealous you guys get to spend the summer there. Glad you are having so much fun. We miss you at KSL :(

Ashley