James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Around the apartment...

I've been dragging my poor babies all around this city from the moment we arrived.
I've been very much in vacation mode -- never pausing to realize that we'll be living here for 14 weeks and that it is, in fact, OK to take a day to sit around and recover from our adventures.

I finally gave in to that truth last week, and decided to take a few mornings/afternoons to just let the kids relax in our apartment. 
As long as I've got my view, I'm good.

The babies find ways to keep themselves entertained at home.
Their current favorite activity is to hide behind our stroller in the entryway and call for me to find them.
I was making lunch the other day when I heard Lola's muffled voice yell, "Mama!  We're hiding where you'll never find us!"


Our storage ottoman/toy box provides endless hours of entertainment around here.
The kids love to take turns hiding inside.


 Another source of quality entertainment: the washing machine.
My kids spend hours pulling clothes out and putting clothes in.
And don't even get me started on what happens when the thing is actually on and the clothes are spinning...

 
We left most of our toys in Utah -- save a select few -- and it's been lovely.
The kids spend a lot of time interacting with each other.
They are such sweet little buddies and I hope they always stay that way.


No one in my family particularly cares for pants, and I happen to be particularly fond of my children's baby buns.
So this kind of thing happens a lot...


James has been an early -- and I mean early -- riser since the first morning we arrived in Seattle.
Although I'd like more sleep, I've come to appreciate the few hours I get in the morning with my little guy.
The same little guy who taught himself that the only way to eat Lucky Charms is to pick out all the marshmallows.


The best part of every day is when daddy walks through the door.
One day last week, James couldn't stop kissing Reece square in the mouth.
He's never done that before, and I'm pretty sure it made Reece's year.


As Lola would say, "I love my Seattle house thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssss much!"

0 comments: