James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Eleven months: the James edition...

In all the insanity of moving, getting settled and adjusting to our new home, I've been able to stay in a blissful state of denial about the fact that my baby is almost one.


At eleven months, James is a tornado.

Boxes must be emptied, baskets overturned, folded clothing chucked across the room.

He pulls himself up on everything.
He's addicted to climbing.
He crawls faster than I run.
He is ridiculously close to taking those first steps on his own.


He loves to eat.
He's completely over baby food -- instead, reaching for anything and everything we have on our plates.

He loves to sing and groove and does so every time he hears music.
He never. stops. moving. 

He's fascinated by everything around him.
He examines and touches and ponders (judging from the way he furrows his brows) all with which he comes in contact.
And most of that stuff goes straight in his mouth.

He's started to repeat words and sounds.
We will say, "Yay James!"
And he will say, "Yay Deems!"

We're 99-percent sure he speaks German, since 99 percent of the time his response is, "da"

He has six teeth, and judging by his most recent cranky streak, is in the process of breaking a few more.
He has a bit of a biting problem.
Nursing has become terrifying.

Speaking of nursing, he's still loving it.
I'm not sure how I'm going to wean him off his morning, naptime and bedtime feedings.
Though to be honest, I'll probably have a harder time letting go than he will.

He flirts with everyone he sees.
He will dive for any person who throws a smile his way.
Here in Seattle where babies are few and far between -- he's a tourist attraction.
And he loves it.


His favorite person in the world is still his sister, but he is definitely a mama's boy.
He's my little puppy dog -- always at my feet as I prepare dinner, fold laundry, clean bathrooms, put on makeup etc.

His slobbery kisses make me laugh.
The quiver of his bottom lip when he's sad makes me want to cry.
He's a happy little companion -- one I'm so grateful to have.

We love this little person so very much.
So glad he's ours.

1 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

James is SO handsome. I love him and feel so sad that I couldn't be around him as much this past year :( I still hold a very special place in my heart for him and love him just the same :)