James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

UDub...

We celebrated the end of Reece's orientation week with a family trip to the University of Washington campus.
If you've never been, you're missing out on what I think is one of the most beautiful college campuses in the country.

We kicked off our tour with a trip to the university bookstore, because I happen to be a sucker for university bookstores.
So many treasures to behold.

Take, for example, a husky hat.
Or a husky monkey.
Or UDub rain boots.


 Some of us (cough *Reece* cough) started to get cranky, so we bought the kids a little book about Seattle and headed out onto the University Avenue to walk the shops and check out a few restaurant options.

We were most definitely the only people within a three-mile radius who had kids with us, so that was kind of awkward.

We strayed off the main road into the heart of the campus.
It feels so Ivy League to me -- the architecture, the landscape, the acappella groups singing in archways (OK, so that never happened).


 My girl is so full of energy.
She spent a good 30 minutes "ringing around" the quad without so much as a pause.
Reece and I had no chance of keeping up with her, as usual.

I love that about her.


We walked away with the perfect souvenir from our little outing.


Every girl needs a good pair of lounge pants.
I own far more than I'm willing to admit.

4 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

Such cute photos of them on the bench! I'm glad Lo and I had matching Pj's. :)

The Grady's said...

We tried to get in there for law school and they flat out rejected us! Kevin had the scores and everything...just wasn't meant to be, I guess, but the campus looks amazing!

AJ and Cindy said...

I miss your green rain boots.

And I miss you.

That's all

:)

Camille Wheatley said...

Sofi has that exact wolf hat that Lola tried on! Adorable!