James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, May 28, 2012

Space noodle...

Last week the kids and I were enjoying a lazy afternoon, waiting for Reece to get home, when Lola somehow got her hands on a Seattle brochure featuring the Space Needle on its cover.

"Mama, I want to go to the space noodle," she said.

And so we loaded up the stroller and did just that.


 When the sun is out in Seattle, you stay outside as long as you can, (at least that's been my philosophy since we arrived) so we took our time exploring the Seattle Center.


 We peeked at the Chihuly Glass Exhibit through the shrubs, since there's probably no way I'd ever pay $20 to get inside.

The babies were in particularly good spirits.
The space noodle has that effect, I suppose.


 Lola quickly fell in love with the EMP museum, because hello, it's purple.


 On a whim, we hopped on the monorail -- something I'd never done before.
Though it was a short ride, it's a great way to get downtown and the views are pretty rockin'.
Definitely worth the $2.50.


We made it home just in time to greet Reece.
Lola included the monorail in her prayers that night.

My babies are the best explorers.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like the theebra has been replaced by Belle.