James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, October 7, 2011

Thespians and thunderstorms...

I'm beginning to rely on date nights for survival almost as much as I rely on air and Diet Dr. Pepper.
Thank goodness for grandparents who so willingly watch our girl for us.

Tonight's date was epic.
We went to dinner at Gurus on Main Street in Provo and reminisced about our first apartment as a married couple on Freedom Boulevard, right next door to the state liquor store. 

Good times.


 The food was excellent, but the epic part of the evening began at the Castle Amphitheater above the state mental hospital -- the perfect setting for a spook fest.

This is where, cuddled up with the Gunters, we witnessed an extremely off-Broadway production of "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow."
I'm going to assume it was the freezing rain that kept the poor actors from remembering their lines.
 
Bless their hearts.
After receiving more than a few dirty looks for clapping and laughing at apparently inappropriate times, we decided to call it quits after the first act.
I swear the actors cheered when they saw us gathering our belongings.
From there we headed to my home away from home, The Chocolate, for our traditional chocolate chip cazookie.
I am going to weigh 823,974,920,837 pounds before Christmas, mark my words.


Good thing we burned off most of the calories consumed by cracking up every three seconds.

Oh yes, I love date nights.
Especially those with a Halloween theme.

2 comments:

jaclyn said...

Remember how Bryson tried to convince me the guy was stumbling all over his lines because "he was staying true to his character" no. I never did see a horse (in or out of a cage), or a headless horseman and I'm still pissed about it. Don't worry I'm already searching for something equally amazing for our next date night.

Jo said...

Love!!!!!