James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Beating the rainy day blues...

This week has been freezing and dark and rainy.
To be honest, I don't mind gloomy days, as long as I don't have to go out.

But after three days of being cooped up, my daughter grew tired of the 7 gazillion toys she has littering every floor of the house.
So we met cousin Easton and Auntie Di Di at Discovery Gateway to release some of that pent-up energy.
Too bad nearly every mother in the state of Utah had the exact same idea -- the place was packed.

Though the crowds nearly gave me a heart attack, the kids didn't seem to mind one bit.


 Easton and Lola played so well together, and I loved getting the chance to catch up with Di.
We miss being so close to them.


 James sat in awe of the chaos, smiling and cooing at anyone who would look his way.


 Lola found and fell in love with a little pink scooter thing, and thanks to this miraculous contraption, the afternoon was completely tantrum free.


 I only wish our house had this many distractions.


We completed the outing with a stop at Jason's Deli, where Lola refused food but scarfed down ice cream and Easton gave James a thorough lesson on belly buttons.


Walking around the Gateway made me a little homesick for our former city.
We've spent many an afternoon wandering the shops and restaurants, killing time, wasting money and getting our exercise.

My heart still beats for Salt Lake.

0 comments: