James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, October 3, 2011

Project 31: Costume shopping...

Family night consisted of quesadillas and a trip to Target to check out the Halloween costume selection.

I seriously considered making costumes for the kids this year, but seeing as I have no sewing experience (unless you count high school home ec.) and lack serious creativity skills (and energy, for that matter), I threw in the towel before the race even started.

We told Lola she could choose what she wanted to be this year.
We're still trying to make up for the traumatic lobster incident from her first Halloween.
But we quickly learned that when you put a 2-year-old on an aisle stocked with costumes, decision-making skills are severely hampered by the sensory overload.

If it were up to Lola, she would be a giraffe/zebra/cupcake/Little Red Riding Hood/lion/princess hybrid.
At least she wouldn't get cold while trick-or-treating.

I got a huge kick out of the costume she finally decided on, mostly because it seems so wildly appropriate for this stage in her development
.
Here's a sneak peak:


I realize the dress is about 10 times too big for our little She-Devil and that her hair is crazy and the string hasn't been clipped from the red shoes quite yet because I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them since they are probably an inappropriate splurge, but holy guacamole, is this not the most awesome thing you've ever seen?

Well, maybe the second most awesome.


That's a Bluth Banana, right there.
James LOVES life as a fruit.

Too bad we couldn't talk Lola into being the monkey.

Can't wait for the 31st!
Because it's finally socially acceptable for me to go trick-or-treating again...

3 comments:

Alysha and Jason said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I can't get enough of this. Please come trick-or-treat out here!

mathistown said...

LOVE the costumes, especially that Bluth banana! Kills me.

Eric and Lindsay said...

Super cuteness!!! Love those babies of yours! And let's confess shall we? I'm super excited for when Tallie can be old enough to trick or treating...mainly because I want to go. Who doesn't love free candy that will rot your teeth? This year we will just have to be content with some Halloween parties!