James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The patron saint of downtime...

Inexplicably, Reece had the past week off from school.
My personal reasoning is that these students would probably go insane or drop dead without a little time to breathe.

So we loaded up the kids and headed down to St. George for a visit with Reece's grandparents.

This vacation was a much-needed one for all of us.

We've shopped.
We've slept in.
We've read (I started "The Hunger Games" series again and CAN'T PUT IT DOWN).
We've played.

And oh heavens, we've eaten.


 My kids adore Grandma Nani and Granddad.
Lola spent about an hour "helping" Nani in the garden and then another hour "helping" Granddad pick pomegranates.


 I can't begin to express how fantastic it's been to have my little family together for such an extended period of time.
I've missed my husband more than I've realized, and my kids couldn't be more thrilled to have their dad around.


We may forget to go home tomorrow.

1 comments:

Jo said...

That tiny ponytail!!!! Why am I obsessed with a toddler's hair?? Is that weird?