James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The start of something new...

Reece and I have failed miserably when it comes to family night on Mondays.
With his crazy schedule keeping him from us most evenings, we've decided it's more important than ever that we set aside a little time for the four of us to spend together.

So Monday night marked our first official family home evening in three years.
Pathetic, I know.
Reece was in charge of our lesson, and chose to teach Lola about Joseph Smith.
Aside from a minor freakout during our opening prayer (she associates prayers with bedtime), I was completely impressed with our little girl -- she sat quietly as her dad told the story of the boy who would become the first prophet of our church in the latter days.

We printed off a picture of Joseph in the Sacred Grove for her to color, and any reservations she may have had about this family night thing went straight out the window when she realized crayons were involved.


James oohed and aaahed at the appropriate times.
I love baby talk.


And what would family night be without a treat?
We split a maple donut with sprinkles, and it was awesome.


It was lovely to spend an uninterrupted hour with my little family.
I'm grateful for any opportunity we get to be together.
Can't wait to do it again next week.

Who knows? 
Maybe I'll go crazy and buy two donuts.

3 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

Ha! That is so awesome! I love that you SPLIT a donut. :) LOVE IT! and YOU!

Unknown said...

We had our first FHE in forever too! It only lasted 10 minutes, but it was a start. James is getting so big! Let's set him and Isla up together in 16 years.

Courtney Bodily said...

Oh FHE. Better late than never I always say! Paul and I have FHE with just the two of us... it gets a little lonely. Maybe we should have a Bodily-Ivins FHE sometime! We'll bring the doughnuts!