James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, September 23, 2011

Slides and swing sets...

I have made it a goal to take the kids out of the house at least once a day so that we don't have a "Shining" situation on our hands.
Heaven help us when winter hits.

Since we are currently dirt poor and living on a student budget, we are getting a lot of use out of our neighborhood parks.
They're free, they're fun and they're mildly sanitary.


My baby looooooves the swings.
She mentions them in her prayers regularly, and they often end up much higher than her mother on the list of things she's grateful for.

The MBA Spouses Association organizes a park day every week at a different park in the area.
It's been a great way for us to get out and make new friends.
Lola was pretty jazzed about her new MBA t-shirt.
So much, in fact, that she insisted on taking off her dress in the middle of the park.

So my kid was the one running around in a t-shirt and diaper, in case you were wondering.


 So listen up, Utah.
Please allow Fall to stick around for awhile, because I'm not kidding when I say that all work and no play makes Jessica a dull girl.

Ugh, I hate that movie.

2 comments:

mathistown said...

I soooo wish the wives at the U got together like this! But alas, it's a very different demographic and isn't meant to be. Looks fun!

Jessica said...

I was just thinking the same thing as mathistown! I'd love to hang out with the wives of my hubby's U of U MBA cohorts. What a great idea! And yeah, I'm hoping fall lasts for another couple of months!