James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, September 23, 2011

Jello, pudding and belly laughs...

This week has been exhausting.
Reece leaves the house around seven in the morning and often doesn't return until well after eight at night.
And then comes the homework.

Poor guy.
I'm glad he's the one doing this and not me.
Because he never, ever complains, and I'm a champion whiner.

That being said, as much as I adore my kidlets, they certainly know how to keep me busy.
And though toddlers make for some hilarious conversation, I crave adult interaction sometimes, especially now that my sisters are gone.

My good husband took pity on me and sent me off to Alexis' house for a night off.
We gobbled jello, chocolate pudding and sipped Crystal Light -- the Mormon girl's mojito.

We watched movie previews, chatted about everything from kids to our days in the BYU newsroom and laughed until we cried.

Oh yes, an evening with a girlfriend is good for the soul.

3 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

Come have a girl's night with me please.

Alexis said...

I'm glad we don't have pics to document since I'm pretty sure I hadn't showered that day - however maybe you should have posted the Lost poster :)

Amy said...

I don't know how you're doing it - that is a LONG LONG day, every day. Wishing you NOTHING but crystal light & DP for the next week at least. :D