James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Weekend with Mother Nature...


 We spent the weekend hiking, 4-wheeling, reading, eating and becoming one with the wilderness at Jason's family cabin in the Uinta Mountains.

It was absolutely beautiful and actually quite nice to be so removed from all the current insanity in our lives.

On top of all that, we got in a good chunk of family time, which is always a plus.


I will never quite understand boys.
Drive to the mountains to get away from it all, but bring your computers so you can "bond" through nerdery.


I forced Reece to come outside to take some lovey-dovey pictures with me because we are so romantic like that.
I'm pretty sure he dry heaved during the making of these photos:


Saturday evening we drove to Mirror Lake for some fishing.
I have never seen so many mosquitoes in my entire life.

Though the setting was gorgeous, there's a reason I'm not really an outdoorsy girl.
(as evidenced by the fact that I almost drove a 4-wheeler off a cliff upon seeing a gigantic bear statue on the front porch of another cabin -- apparently my ability to distinguish what's real from what's metal is dampened the farther we get from civilization)


 The fish weren't biting, but the mosquitoes were, so after about a half hour we returned to the cabin for stovetop s'mores and "The Italian Job."

It was a lovely weekend indeed.


1 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds perfect! I miss those Utah mountains, and weekends like this are one of the best parts of Utah Summers. Gorgeous pictures!

Also, the comment about dry-heaving and the part where Reece left you hanging on that kissy picture made me laugh.