James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, July 1, 2011

Special dwink...

With all the insanity of nursing, rocking, changing diapers and trying to remember to eat something myself, my Lola time seriously diminished in the first couple of weeks after James was born.

I missed her.

So in a rare moment where James was both fed and equipped with a clean diaper, I loaded my pajama-clad girl into the car and headed down to the gas station to buy her an Icee.


It was a mother-daughter date that lasted about 20 minutes, but it was lovely (despite the looks I got for allowing my girl to walk around the gas station without proper shoes).

And now every time I ask Lola if she wants to go to the store with me, she replies, "special dwink?"

Yes Lola, you can have a special dwink.
I only hope that every time my daughter drinks a cherry Icee, she'll think of me.

And then promptly go brush her teeth.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw! That's the cutest! :)

The Grady's said...

hey jess! Can you send me the pics from when I visited last week? I would love to put one or two on the ol' blog :) It was so much fun seeing you guys! I wish we lived closer. Hope James is doing well and you are getting enough sleep. lesliecgrady@yahoo.com

Take care!
Leslie