James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The hospickle...

A lot of people hate the hospital and can't wait to hit the road after giving birth.

I am not one of those people.

First of all, who doesn't love round-the-clock service?  With just the press of a button, one of LDS Hospital's many fantastic nurses appeared at my bedside within two minutes with drugs, crackers, cookies, water -- basically anything I could possibly want or need.

I wish I had access to that magic button at home.
Sigh.

And who can deny the sheer beauty of unlimited access to chocolate pudding cups and diet sprite?
Not this girl.

Anyway...

James tested Coombs positive and had to spend a day in the baby tanning bed to get his bilirubin levels down.  The nurses warned us most babies hate the dreaded bed, but not James.  Apparently he was perfectly content to work on his summer tan.

He was a very cute little glowworm, if I do say so myself.


My recovery this time around was about 6,000 times easier than with Lola, which made for a much more pleasant (and less drugged) stay.  I was able to get out of bed and walk to the nursery to watch Reece give James his first bath.


We spent the majority of James' first 48 hours just staring at him, loving on him and snapping gazillions of pictures.



In defense of those who fall in the hospital hating category, I will admit that those "pillows" (aka plastic squares stuffed with Kleenex) suck.  Also, must the blood-sucking phlebotomists come at 5 a.m. every day to poke my arm?  It seems so cruel.

So there's that.

3 comments:

Candace said...

I absolutely love reading about sweet James! He is a handsome little guy. Can't wait to meet him in person.

Mrs. Gibbons said...

I'm with you sista! I didn't really want to leave the hospital after only 48 hours! Jason was going CRAZY though.

mathistown said...

Congats! He is gorgeous and looks just like his daddy!