James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bubble popped...

For the past three weeks, I've been living in a wonderland of 24-hour Reece-dom.
I was abruptly and painfully shoved out of that wonderland at approximately 7:30 this morning when he returned to work for the first time since James' birth.

We marked his last night of freedom (and my last night of sanity) with homemade strawberry shakes on the front porch during a fantastic summer rainstorm.


Tackling this two kid thing has been so much easier with him around.

Late-night feedings aren't as lonely.
Chasing Lola isn't as exhausting.
Changing diapers doesn't seem as gross (OK, yes it does).

It's just nice to be in this with someone, you know?
Especially someone as rad as my husband.


My babies and I are going to miss him.
Yep, we're going to miss him a lot.


 More on my first day flying solo soon...

1 comments:

Kimba said...

3 weeks?!?!!? someone must be in HR. holy crap dude, that's a long time! that's amazing and lucky. i think caleb spent a day at home before returning to work, and even then he was working at home that day! enjoy! i'm sure you'll get into a routine just like with lola. :) one of these days we need to get together so i can hold this little guy! maybe once we return from powell...