James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The best kind of weekend...

Here's what we managed to squeeze into this weekend:

2 graduation barbecues.
1 baby birthday party.
1 mother's day/graduation/birthday dinner.
1 last-day-in-the-newsroom cakefest.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous (albeit short-lived -- it's been  raining for the past two days), perfect for three straight days of partying.

We headed up to SLC Friday evening and gorged on chips, salads of the green/pasta/potato variety and enough sweets to keep this pregnant woman happy for days -- all in honor of University of Utah grads AJ and Redd.

My favorite moment of the Maudsley barbecue?
The Lyla/Lola reuinion.
If there was any doubt as to how much these girls love each other, the squealing, kissing, hugging and tackle put it all to rest.
You'd think it had been years since they'd seen each other instead of a week.


Next stop: Centerville, for Redd's shindig.


Interestingly enough, I have no pictures of the graduates.
But I guess that's what happens when you have babies running around doing ridiculously adorable things.

Oh how I adore summer barbecues...

Saturday brought a birthday party for our favorite little Sofi girl.
Still can't believe she's one!


We had a lovely dinner at the Ivins' place in Bountiful.
I promise it was awesome, but my camera died, so you'll just have to take my word for it.


And finally, I marked my final day in the newsroom as the regular weekend ksl.com content manager.
I still can't really talk about it because it makes me cry, so instead, I'll focus on the fantastic little cake celebration my wonderful co-workers surprised me with.

I only wished I had focused on taking more photos, but I was too busy stuffing my face.


Told you we were busy.
Can't wait for more weekends just like this one.
Summer is awesome.

3 comments:

Esplins said...

Your last three lines did me in. I got those butterflies of anxiousness in my tummy! I can't wait for summer. Being a school teacher my summer doesn't start for 15 more school days (not that I'm counting down or anything). Just not quite sure who is more anxious... my 7th graders or myself. Thanks for getting me excited for summer!

AJ and Cindy said...

that was so priceless when the girls ran to each other, they really are bffs, they will always have such a great for one another :) it was so great to see you so much last weekend, we totally miss you guys so much! and of course love you girls [and reece, too, i suppose :) } so much!

AJ and Cindy said...

such a great *spot for one another is what I meant :)