James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, May 13, 2011

Sunshine at Sundance...

I woke up this morning, saw the sunshine and immediately determined an outdoor adventure was a must.
Because let's face it, it will probably hail again tomorrow.

Ever since we got down to Lindon, I've been itching to get up to Sundance, which just happens to be one of my favorite places in the world.

Today, my friends, was the day.


 The river was higher than I've ever seen it, and Lola was entranced.
"WAWA! WAWA! WAWA!"


 Apparently all it took was a long winter to cure my girl's fear of all things aquatic.


It took all my energy to keep her from jumping face first into the freezing water.
When that energy ran out (which happened quickly -- do you see how huge I am?), a distraction was in order.

Enter the Sundance General Store.


 It's impossible to leave Sundance without a famous sucker.
Really, they'll stop you at the gate.
Lola, of course, was completely on board.


Despite the fact that I can only afford about three things sold here, I have always loved browsing the little store.


 It was a lovely way to spend a lovely afternoon.


 Oh Sundance, I adore thee.
It's good to be neighbors once again.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Hey Jess! That looks like so much fun. Now only if we could move back to Utah County.

I just wanted to let you know I awarded you the versatile blog award. Congratulations! To accept just go and check out what you have to do here

www.projectsjustforme.blogspot.com

make sure to have a look around while you are there and don't hesitate to say hi

AJ and Cindy said...

Great pictures, I want to go there sometime, that looks so fun! So glad you got to have a fun day with your sis and baby girl :)