James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Adventures in Riverwoods...

Lola and I bundled up and headed to the Riverwoods in Provo this afternoon to visit Auntie Kelly at her boutique.

I worked at a little bakery/restaurant there in my college days (sadly, it's long gone), and haven't really been back in a couple of years.  
I was amazed to see how much things had changed since I'd last visited.


 Though many of my favorite shops and restaurants are gone, new shops and restaurants have moved in, and most of them are local, quaint and very boutiquey (boutiquey?  I think I just made up a word).

We ducked into a lovely little toy shop -- Lola's idea of heaven.
"Lola's house?  Lola's house?"


 The only way I can get her to smile these days is to ask her to show me her teeth.
So this is what I get...


 We stole Kelly away from work for some half-priced sushi at Happy Sumo.
Thank heaven for the Sweetheart Roll -- totally cooked and a pregnant sushi-lover's best friend.


 Have I mentioned how much I love hanging out with my baby sister every day?
Well, I love it.

After dinner, we went in search of a snow cone.
That's where I found a reminder that I now live in Utah County.
Yes, the following sign is advertising a clothing store called "Called to Surf."


I love that Lola's head is hung in shame.


Our little outing today made me realize how much Utah County has changed since I last lived here.
And I have to admit, I'm excited by the prospect of exploring and discovering all over again.


 So all you Utah County peeps, send suggestions and recommendations my way!

4 comments:

ashley mikell said...

eat at la jolla groves. it's delicious.

Marissa Waddell said...

Called to Surf. Oh my.

Have you eaten at Shoots (next to Happy Sumo)? My husband loves that place, specifically the "Gangsta" Chicken. It is not actually called Gangsta. You'll know which one he means :)

Megan said...

What I miss most is hikes/bike rides up Provo Canyon, Costa Vida at the bowling alley with horchata on tap, Seven-11 runs because we were too poor to do anything else, and cruising through the neighbor hoods up on the hill/by the temple so I could admire all the huge houses. :)

Jessica said...

Communal in downtown Provo. Absolutely my favorite restaurant in the valley! Pizzeria 712 in Orem is by the same guys and it's totally killer. The duck pond on the south side of campus is a huge hit with the little one, and they just refinished a new trail right by it that's a beautiful walk.