James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Thirty...

Whoa, Nelly...


If there were ever any doubts about the existence of a person in my uterus (as opposed to a box of donuts in my stomach), this photo should put those doubts to rest.

What you don't see are the purple gaucho pants adorning my widening hips -- a pregnancy staple for this chick.
I'm not even embarrassed that they are purple.
Or gauchos.

Because, quite frankly, everything else is just plain uncomfortable.

Though it may not look like it, I'm carrying this little guy much lower than I carried Lola.
I swear I could feel Lola's kicks in my neck sometimes, whereas my boy's favorite target seems to be my pelvic bone/bladder.

The good news is he seems much less violent that Lola ever was.  Though I can tell he's taken a liking to my ribs, he doesn't appear to have much interest in snapping them into pieces.

Bending over has become quite the ordeal.
Reece will soon have to be the one to shave my legs if he wants them shaved, because I couldn't care less about being an Amazon woman at this point.

The biggest news of the week came with the reemergence of the dreaded cankles.
I was hoping to be able to ward them off with this pregnancy, but alas, they are too powerful.
I'm waiting for Reece to ask me to cover them with a blanket like last time.

Yep, he really, really did.

I might as well admit that we have done absolutely nothing to prepare for our son's arrival.
For all I know, he could be sleeping in a moving box that contains our linens.

Don't mistake our lack of preparation for lack of excitement -- I happened upon the baby detergent left over from Lola's newborn days and spent more than a few minutes breathing in that familiar, precious scent.

We really get to do this again.
The tiny fingers and toes.
The sweet baby squeaks and sighs.
The perfectly kissable lips.
The gigantic, non-stop blowouts.

I can't wait.
Though I'd be lying if I didn't say I was terrified about bathing/changing a baby boy.
Reece might have to take the reigns on this one, because heaven knows, he is a bit more experienced in that area.

At least I hope.

Until next week!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha, I think we were reading each other's blogs at the same time! I bought a pair of maternity work pants but I still wear my VS yoga pants to work. Almost every day. And I don't care! They are the comfiest pants I own at the moment. I say once you reach the 3rd trimester, you can wear whatever you want and everyone can just deal with it. Also, what baby detergent do you use? I've been meaning to buy some and I want it to smell good.

Anonymous said...

Precious! Baby boys aren't so hard...you just have to watch out because they will spray you. Putting a wet wipe over my baby's winkle (yeah, that's what we call it) always worked best for us.

-Beth

robocop said...

So excited to see this little guy!

P.S. I know you aren't REALLY worried, but Easton sprayed me like twice so it's not so bad.

Cindy said...

Mother nature know what she's doing. The sleep deprivation + the uncomfort of being pregnat actually makes you WANT to do labor and delivery. It defies logic.

mathistown said...

You look great! Hooray for the third trimester!

Unknown said...

Aren't jeans just about the most uncomfortable things ever? Ya I went and bought some dresses and leggings the other day because I'm so over jeans right now! We haven't prepared for our baby either! ...and this is our first! We just got the stroller and car seat this week---we have a lot to get still, obviously! I'll get around to it...someday soon hopefully :)

Unknown said...

oh, and one more thing! My little guy's favorite spot to kick is my pelvic bone/bladder too! It's SO uncomfortable, and awkward. Especially when it comes to talking to someone (like when I"m serving) and it happens, because it's a weird, weird feeling! haha