James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Saint Patrick revisited...

As I've previously mentioned, my Saint Patrick's Day was less than festive this year.

Oh the puking.

Coincidentally, my good friend Alexis -- who shares my enthusiasm for this quaint holiday -- had a stroke of bad luck as well.  Thus, a new tradition was born: the Wiseman/Ivins "month after" party.

Why celebrate a holiday on the actual date to which it's been assigned?  You pay full price for decorations, candy and favors, and if you're busy (or puking), you just miss out.

Thus, we planned and executed our first-annual April Saint Patrick's Day bash, complete with green food, sprite + lime sherbet beverage and some vintage Sean Connery in the form of "Darby O'Gill and the Little People."


Oh how we love this family... (Please note my attempt at decor in the background)


Lola fell head over heels for Livy and followed her around like a puppy.  We've never seen her act this way with another kid -- normally she's content to do the bossing. 


 Alexis and I met in the broadcast program during our last year at BYU, became instant friends and were pleased to discover how well Reece and Matt got along from the get-go, often joking (only kind of not) about their very real "guy love."  They were our very first "married" friends and we spent almost every weekend with them when we lived in Provo for the first five months of our marriage.  Alexis talked me through my pregnancy with Lola and is now helping me prepare to be a mom to a boy.

It's amazing to see how our families have grown in just four years.

Laughing at Reece's irritation at being asked to take this picture when all he wanted to do was watch the banshee on the movie
The brother husbands and their crew 

I may never celebrate Saint Patty's in March again.
Can't wait for our May Easter egg hunt (just think of how cheap those Cadbury mini eggs will be!)

Top of the morning to you.
And stuff.

2 comments:

Esplins said...

haha brother husbands... you crack me up! So glad you had an awesome "all things green" party. Looks like fun!

Alexis said...

HAHAHA still laughing out loud at Livy picking up Lola!!! Also, Adam has had two completely green poopy diapers this morning - so I'd say it was a complete SUCCESS!

We had so much fun! Thanks for the amazing pasta. Matt and I can't get over it. And Easter in May is going to be AWESOME!!! I can't wait until we're minutes from each other!