James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Maturity, or lack thereof...

Sometimes I don't think I'm a very good mother.

Like today, for example, when Lola looked me in the eye and flung yogurt in my face and then called me a "caca."
Instead of doing the mature thing -- cleaning myself up and telling her no -- I took her spoon and flung yogurt right back at her.

I'm pretty sure I stuck out my tongue while I did it, and seriously, it felt good.
Until then she laughed at me, which was certainly not my intended outcome.

So just as a recap -- instead of teaching my child that it's not OK to fling yogurt at people, I taught her that food fights are a hoot.

June Cleaver's got nothing on me.

4 comments:

steph said...

This is pretty hilarious. It's so hard not to laugh when your kid does something random and funny, yet wrong. I think you also taught her to dish it and take it, which is a good lesson, too.

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

I'm learning so many mothering tips from you!

Amy said...

This why you are "cool mom". :D And you're right, food fights ARE funny.

De Rosa said...

Amazing, amazing, amazing! I am adding this to my mother to do list.