James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, April 22, 2011

Moving along...

Lola is having a sleepover with her grandparents tonight.
Reece and I have spent the last 5+ hours packing up our little apartment.

Though it was more of a struggle than I ought to admit, I cleaned out my closet and have five gigantic DI bags to prove it.
Why is it so hard to get rid of clothes, even clothes that haven't left their hangers since high school?
I swear, pulling teeth is less painful.

I had Raisin Bran and ice cream for dinner, Reece had a donut.

Let me assure you, packing and pregnancy do not mix -- for more than one reason.
My lower back is sore and baby boy is openly rebelling against all the standing up and squatting down from his incubator.
I've cried about three times tonight -- the hardest when I walked into our front room and saw the bare, white, pictureless walls.

We are really doing this.
Changing homes.
Changing lives.
Starting over.

I'm excited.
I'm exhausted.
I'm completely overwhelmed.

But at least I'm de-junked.

6 comments:

Angie said...

I'm moving today too! I love how you write, you're so good at expressing yourself. This sounds similar to how our last 24 hours have gone, right down to the weird dinner and mixed emotions looking at the walls. Good luck with the move!

Amy said...

:( It seems like this went SO fast! I hope the move goes smoothly, and that seeing the new place makes you cry with joy and excitement.

Esplins said...

We did this when I was 7 months pregnant too. Just as we were about ready to set up the crib and turn our spare room into a nursery, our landlord (we lived in the basement of a house) told us he was going to let his granddaughter move in so we were out. I was a wreck thinking our baby wasn't going to have anywhere to live. (Seriously it's embarrassing now thinking about how little faith I had about it working out) Packing up and moving isn't good for a pregnant woman emotionally or physically. My advice to you: don't over-do it. I did and I ached for days and days. Not worth it. Let people help you! Hope things go smoothly. Good luck with the move!

De Rosa said...

I can't believe its for reals, your leaving? I hate reading these post because reality is slapping me in the face that your going. But good job on your progress.

AJ and Cindy said...

it really is sad to pack everything up :( I am glad you got some packing in last night, and hope it's smooth sailing from here on out :)

tara said...

I'm so excited for you guys and this new opportunity...but selfishly bummed because meeting up is now more challenging than it was before. Regardless of where you're living next time I'm in Utah, we're going to that Caputo or whatever place...just an FYI. Ü