James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hunts of the Easter variety...

Lola's first legitimate Easter egg hunt was a success.
Let's face it -- it's pretty easy to convince a kid to go in search of candy.

The "bunnies" at the annual Banks' Easter party skipped the egg part of the hunt and littered the yard with chocolate goodness.


 Lola was in heaven, right up until the moment she got pelted in the head by a flying mini Milky Way tossed by her well-meaning great uncle.
I'm hoping this leads to a lifelong aversion to chocolate, but judging from her mug, I think it's just wishful thinking.


 Poor monkey.
Does the fact that Reece and I couldn't stop laughing about it make us horrible parents?
Don't answer that.

Lola didn't have to wait long for Easter egg hunt #2, which took place about an hour later at my parents' house.
By this time, she was a pro.
The Easter bunny brought her some Toy Story figurines and about eighteen pounds of treats.


 My chick learned pretty fast that the best way to get to the candy inside the eggs was to chuck them on the ground with all the force her little body could summon.
I'm just praying she doesn't get into the refrigerator and try out her method with the real thing.

Good news though: if disaster should strike, come to our place.
Because we have enough chocolate and candy to sustain a small country for a year.

2 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

How fun! Lola looks so cute looking for her candy. I am glad she got to do some egg hunting!

Amy said...

LOL. Tommy was all over it too! And I love the picture of her getting an egg with you bending over her saying "no - not that one, get the BIG one!" of course I'm assuming the dialog....