James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Eating SLC: Sawadee & Squatters...

Prepare yourself for an onslaught of Salt Lake City swooning posts.
Because with each passing day, I'm finding more to miss.

One of the things I love most about our current home is the local restaurant scene.
We've made an effort to eat our way through the city, much to the dismay of our wallets/waistlines, but I can tell you our quest has been well worth the extra cash/calories.

With less than a month until we say farewell, I'm feeling desperate to pay my personal respects to our favorite SLC dining establishments.  Not an easy task, considering we have a LOT of them.

Friday we took my sissy to Sawadee -- South Temple's tastiest Thai -- to celebrate her birthday.


 Oh the yellow curry. And don't even get me started on the Pad Thai.
The fried birthday bananas with vanilla ice cream weren't too shabby either.
Love the ambiance, love the eats, love the service, love me some Sawadee.

We've raised Lola to be a fan as well.


Tuesday we met up with some of our favorite Salt Lakers for dinner at our most beloved Salt Lake pub, Squatters.
I can't say enough for the veggie burger -- it's just that good.
Seriously, I have dreams about it.


Don't fret.
More SLC food homages to come.

It's a good thing we'll be on a grad school budget when we live in Provo, because I'm fixing to gain about 50 non-pregnancy-related pounds before May.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Less than a month? Dude - that went fast!

Also, you're an adventurous eater. I'm glad these restaurants are not wasted on you.

Unknown said...

If you like Indian food, some place that you really (!) need to try in Salt Lake is Ali Baba's in Sugar House. It's Pakistani food. 700 E and 2680-ish South. West side of the street. Epitome of hole in the wall. So cheap. So much food. SOOOOOO good. Ask for the paper menu (not just what is on the wall).

De Rosa said...

We had so much fun with you thanks for a great night. I love our friendship and I hope it countines to grow and grow.