James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sunshine to my soul...

I am a sucker for all grocery stores, but I have a special thing for gourmet/health food markets.
It's a mighty fine thing that a Sunflower Market just opened its doors not five minutes from our apartment.

Perhaps it was the grand opening hoopla, or the face painting, or the 89-cent cartons of beautiful strawberries, or the free tote -- but I felt like a kid who wandered into FAO Schwartz for the first time.

Samples?
Check.
Free hotdogs?
Check.
Sweet potato pancakes?
Check.
Raw almonds for $2.99 a pound?
Checkity check check.

Dude, I was so enthralled, I didn't even care when I got blood on my hands from the lean ground beef I decided to splurge on.

OK, I did care.
So much that I almost puked.
But still...


This picture does not include the disgusting (yet delicious) bloody meat, among other things.
The trauma was a little too fresh in my mind.
The point is, I love Sunflower Market.
Amen.

2 comments:

Abby said...

CHOBANI.

I want that.

mathistown said...

We've been excited to check it out!! Glad to hear you enjoyed it.