James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Not so lucky Irishwoman...

Irish blood runs through my veins.
Green is my favorite color.
My favorite cereal growing up was Lucky Charms.
Ireland is at the top of my "Places to Go Before I Die" list.

Thus, I look forward to St. Patrick's Day every year with a vigor that could easily be classified as freakish.

This year was no different.

I had plans to throw glitter all over the apartment (leprechaun dust).
I had three bottles of green food coloring -- all of which I planned to empty.
I had green dishes on which to serve a carefully planned green meal.

And then I woke up March 17, stumbled to my bathroom and noticed a very distinct tint of green to my complexion.
You can imagine how it went from there.

I spent the day on my green couch, wishing for a quick death, watching my little leprechaun do her stretches.


 In short, St. Patrick's Day 2011 was anything but lucky.
And though Reece probably feels like he dodged a bullet -- little does he know I've scheduled a do over for April.

5 comments:

Jo said...

She is sooo cute! I want to squeeze her. Sorry about your St.Patrick day sickness...blah.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I want to join you in a re-do! Mine was such a disappointment as well. I will even contribute my DVD of Darby O'gill and the Little People. It's the best St. Patrick's day movie EVER. Please let's make this happen!

Unknown said...

Also this is Alexis not Matt. He thinks he got out of the green celebration this year...

Jessica and Reece said...

Alexis, consider it a date! Celebrating a holiday on the actual designated day is SO out of style. I'll be contacting you soon...

Kelly Danielle said...

I'm glad to see that my niecey is taking after her favorite auntie- YOU ROCK THOSE STRETCHES LOLA GIRL!