James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, March 11, 2011

The opposite of hoarding...

Ever since Lola was tiny, she has loved to be surrounded by 5,089 things at once.

When placed on the floor with other babies and a mountain of toys, it usually took all of six seconds for her to grab everything within reach of her chubby little hands and hide them behind her -- away from the competition.

Her car seat is filled with cheerios, half-eaten fruit snacks, Popsicle sticks, chapstick, junk mail and nearly everything else under the sun (let's just pretend I haven't been too lazy to clean out the back seat in 19 months).

She hides her dirty clothes between her crib and the wall so she can pull them out and cuddle with them after we've put her down for naps.

Upon viewing this story on ksl.com, I had nightmares of Lola becoming one of those neighbors with rubber tires, thigh masters and broken-down windowless kidnapper vans parked on her front yard.

Yes, my child is a hoarder.

But lately, I've noticed a change in her behavior.
It's starting to... reverse.


Now, her mission in life is to pass her hoarding tendencies on to me.
And the cat.

At least I won't have to worry about that windowless van anymore...

2 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

Lyla does the same thing, she likes to pile things all around her, those girls :)

I love Adele in this picture....

mathistown said...

I love baby/kid quirks. Makes things much more exciting. :)