James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, March 7, 2011

Epiphany of the cheesy variety...

When I was a kid, I was obsessed with Chuck E Cheese.
Obsessed.

But it wasn't the nasty "pizza" and germ-infested arcade games that held me captive.
Oh no.

It was the terrifying, yet mesmerizing animatronic "band."
Guess what?
That band still exists!
And it's even more horrifying than I remember.


That's right folks.
The Ivins family paid a visit to Mr. Chuck E Cheese himself.

I was finally able to fulfill my childhood dream of buying as many tokens as I wanted.
But only now, I'm old enough to realize what a waste of money those tokens are, along with the many health-code violations that take place in this establishment on a daily basis.

But aside from being terrified out of her mind after a bumpy ride on a coin-operated car, Lola totally dug the joint.


We finally found something this child will eat!
Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain it has no nutritional value whatsoever.
In fact, I think it's safe to say the "cheese" on this pizza takes longer to digest than gum.
Or tar.


But oh how Lola loved skeeball.
It was like she didn't realize how much she adored life until she picked up the hepatitis-ridden sphere and chucked it in no particular direction.


I couldn't help but thoroughly enjoy myself as I watched my baby and her daddy eagerly jump from game to game.
In addition, I couldn't help but insist they both bathe in sanitizer when we arrived home.


 As we walked away with a plastic bracelet, spoon and mini airhead (that cost us roughly ten dollars in tokens to earn) and a severe case of heartburn, I realized this truly is a place where a kid can be a kid.

I also finally understood why my mother always said no when we begged her to take us there.

Bubye Chuck E.
It's been real, but don't expect us to come calling again anytime soon.

2 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

I love how terrified she looks on the ride! Also your hair looks really pretty. :)

Laura Darling said...

"Or tar." Hahaha! At least you can say it was an experience! :)