James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Seattle shenanigans: part two...

From the market we headed down to the waterfront.


 It was breezy and a little chilly, but the rain the forecasters had promised never made an appearance.
It made for the perfect setting for a romantic boat ride.

But the romance was not between Reece and I.
Oh no.

Cindy and I fell in love with the bartender on our harbor cruise -- who gave us free refills and endless maraschino cherries for our Diet Pepsi just because we flashed him a few smiles.


 The cruise turned out to be much more than we bargained for.
It was included in our Seattle City Pass (which I would highly recommend), and turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip.

We were treated to beautiful views of the city and the harbor, as well as a crash course on the history of Seattle and its skyline from our genius tour guide.


 From the boat to the sea...
The aquarium came next (also included in the city pass).
Reece is an aquarium freak and connects on a higher level with creatures of the deep blue.
It's fun to see him act like a little kid -- which, let's face it, happens quite a bit.
But never so much as when he's in an aquarium.


And my personal favorites...


Good times.
From there, we met up with the Wheatleys and paid a visit to the local gum wall.
Yes, it's as disgusting as it sounds.


All I have to say is, why?

Moving on.

The girls got the itching for some serious shopping, so we went in search of a giant H&M near the convention center.
 I may or may not have made some purchases -- gotta cover this growing belly somehow, right?

Reece found a Mr. Rogers cardigan that pretty much made the trip worthwhile in his eyes.
That boy and his old man clothes.

The boys nearly destroyed themselves by eating gigantic burgers with bacon and a freakin' fried egg on top for dinner.
The girls opted for salads (but devoured our fair share of fries).

In an attempt to save ourselves from having heart attacks, we walked to the Space Needle.
The city gets pretty quiet at night, and I loved cozying up to my honey while taking in our new surroundings.


 It was freezing at the top, and I nearly puked on the elevator up.
That thing is terrifying.

But it was a beautiful view and a fantastic way to end our first day.

Also, I look like Carmen Sandiego in every single one of these pictures.
Note to self: rethink the trench look.

2 comments:

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

Oh my goodness I am in love with these pictures and cannot wait for Kritt and I to get out of town and explore again some day! I am going to live through you guys for now!

Megan said...

love the Carmen Sandiego reference.