James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Seattle shenanigans: part one...

Disclaimer: those interested enough to continue reading this series of posts should prepare for a photo overload of epic proportions
Just saying...
Oh Seattle.

Our trip was wonderful, to say the least.
Though we missed our girl, the one-on-one time together just the shot in the arm our relationship needed (reference, anyone?)
We actually held hands
Like, in public.
And snogged and stuff.

But we won't focus on that.
Let's instead focus on the happenings that made our little getaway so lovely.

The last three times I've flown I've been alone with my daughter, so to say this flight was relaxing would be a bit of an understatement.
The mere fact that I didn't have to maneuver the stroller and Lola while trying to go through security was enough to get me to jump for joy.
Plus, our little guy is a great traveler.


 We arrived in Seattle Friday morning and headed straight downtown to Pike's Place Market.
You know how I have a thing for markets.
This one definitely held its own.

We gorged ourselves on samples of almonds, honey, jams, smoked salmon, fruit and pretty much everything in between.
Reece cringed as I zoomed from booth to booth in search of hand-crafted (and thus, expensive) baby toys and accessories.


And let's face it, where else can you find bathroom signs like this:


And crap like this:


While devouring eats like this:
With purse holders like them:


Coming up next: a harbor cruise, elephant seals, flirting with a bartender for free refills and a freezing visit to the Space Needle at night

1 comments:

Angie said...

I love your blog! I just surfed all your Seattle posts and it looked like such a fun trip. I love Seattle! Its such a beautiful, clean city. You did so many awesome things there!