James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A little love story: part three...

From that point on, I was smitten.
I didn't want to admit it to myself.
I wanted to believe that it was just a fling and that I wouldn't care if nothing came of it.

But he was just so charming.
We were so comfortable together.
And good glory, he could kiss.

When he left for Logan that Sunday, I wasn't sure if I'd ever see him again.
 But a few hours later, I got a call from that Reece with a "c" not an "s" (he later told me when I spelled his name right in my phone without his help, he knew I was special -- apparently he was scarred from a lifelong battle with incorrect spelling)

He asked me to meet him in Salt Lake City that week for our first official date -- Macaroni Grill and the Nutcracker.
The day finally came and I drove up to Bountiful with Tara (who was meeting Reece's roommate Adam, who would also become her husband) to meet up with Reece at his parent's house.
Reece got stuck in traffic on his way home from Logan,  which created an extremely intimidating and awkward situation for me -- meeting the parents without the boyfriend (or whatever he was at this point) there for support.

Luckily, my in-laws are fantastic and made me feel right at home.
My sister-in-law knew about the whipped cream incident so I can only imagine what she was thinking when I walked into the house.

The evening was lovely and the ballet was fantastic.
I decided we were on the same maturity level when we both cracked jokes about the men in tights.

Tara and I found ourselves headed back to Provo around 5 a.m., which was awesome because it was finals week and I had a final at 7:30 a.m.

Thank heavens for No Doze and Diet Coke.

And I'll leave you on that cliffhanger... for now.

As an added bonus, here's a photo of Tara and I right before we headed up to Salt Lake for our dates.  I'm fairly certain we had each tried on about 70 outfits before we decided on these:


5 comments:

tara said...

I'm glad I get to hear your side of things. All I heard was, "I met an awesome girl-she's totally hot..blah blah blah" Ü FINALLY getting the details...

Adam and Tara said...

annnddd I'm a giant! Ha, I'm loving reading over these posts and having to hold myself back from making extremely long comments that only you would understand. Lets just say I'm glad you left out a picture of what we looked like on our 5am drive home!

Unknown said...

I love these posts! So cute...were you in Liberty Square when this was all going on?

Amy said...

Happy day happy day. I cried when I met Josh's parents - I HATE meeting the parents!

And are you short or is Tara tall? Or both? I don't think I remember you being that short. :D

AJ and Cindy said...

these have been so fun to read, love going back in time :) It's funny you met Reece's parents so early on in the relationship, it was the same for me and AJ....he took me to his softball game on day 3 of knowing each other, and I had to sit in the stands with his mom, sisters and brother-in-law...talk about nerve wracking! at least it all worked out :)