James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine recap...

Since our upcoming Seattle trip is our Valentine to each other, Reece and I kept things simple this Valentine's Day.

We agreed on a "no gift" policy, but I had to do something, so I took a step back to my Kindergarten days for inspiration.


I attempted to get Lola to participate, but apparently coloring is SO last week.
Eating crayons is the thing now.


Reece came home to his uber-cheesy surprise and couldn't help but laugh a little.
It was really that cheesy.


Lola and I were banned from the kitchen for the next hour or so as Reece whipped up a Valentine's brinner that would make Cupid blush with joy.

Man, I really am on a cheesy kick.
Also, let it be known that I was banned from the kitchen because I happen to be somewhat of an insane control freak when it comes to that room, and Reece knows it and loves me anyway.
  Yet another reason why I adore this man.


 We dined on heart-shaped pancakes and french toast, pink omelets and fresh strawberries.


Since Lola owns the biggest portion of Reece's heart, he made her her very own pancake -- complete with chocolate chips.
Let's just say she couldn't have been more thrilled about her Valentine.


 We are very lucky girls.


No, Lola's nose isn't bleeding.
She just shoved ketchup up there.

The girl likes condiments, what can I say?

After a bath and a few bedtime songs for Lola, Reece sent me to the gym while he cleaned up.
I came home and we curled up on the couch to watch Jimmy Falon -- Reece on his iPad and me on my laptop.

Honestly?
Best Valentine's Day ever.
I love my babies' daddy.

Because who needs Cupid when you've got a Reece?

End cheese.

2 comments:

Alysha and Jason said...

FUN! Very sweet of both you and Reece. And I love that Lola eats the crayons. :)

robocop said...

Did you really go to the gym Valentine's Day night?

You are one crazy girl.