James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The first night (what really happened)

Hey readers, this is Reece. Jessica is currently asleep next to me and has no idea that I am posting this. I felt that it would be important for me to share some insights into what really happened the night Jessica and I met.

My friend Adam and I were down in Provo to visit our friend Tom, that is true, and we were at Tara's apartment. But there our stories diverge. Here is what really happened. I was not in fact walking around flirting that night, but simply trying to sneak away to read my scriptures and avoid temptation. I mean, it was a boy-girl party! At BYU! As I was trying to remove myself to quieter environs, curse my clumsy feet I tripped into a bean bag chair and clumsily knocked Jessica and Tara into it too. As you can see, this was no calculated attempt at woo-er-ee but simply a poor innocent boy caught in a BYU approved housing tract.

That evening at the Denny's restaurant, I did in fact order the hot chocolate with whipped cream. You see, I was being such a rebel by staying up so late AND sitting next to girls, I thought, "Why not go a little bit crazy?" and ordered the hot beverage with EXTRA whipped cream. I was really cutting loose. In my lustful consumption of the hot chocolate, some of the whipped cream had remained on my face. I can only assume that my attempt to lick my own face clean was too much for Jessica to take, because when my attempt failed, I had no sooner said,"Can you please hand me a napkin?" that she lunged for my face. And there it was, our first kiss as well as my first kiss ever. Though I prayed for my soul almost all night, it all went downhill from there.

But seriously folks, I do have to say that I am married to the most beautiful, sweet, loving woman in the world. She works so hard to take care of Lola and I, and she sacrifices so much to make us happy. She is fiercely loyal and extremely generous. I love her with all of my heart. I love everything that makes her who she is.

And plus, she's way hot.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Dear Jess, (since I know the comments won't go to Reece)

I don't think I knew Reece was as funny as you! A match made in heaven.

Dear Reece,
"read my scriptures and avoid temptation" and "lunged for my face" have me laughing hysterically. Thanks for that.

-Amy

AJ and Cindy said...

I loved this post :) and I second all the kind things he said about you, they are absolutely true!

Reddeye said...

Best. Post. Ever.

Sierra and Ryan said...

Agree with Reddeye--awesome post! I am so glad to hear that Reece was the innocent one in this ;-) haha

Jessica and Reece said...

It's true, the innocent boy was entranced by a vixen. I am never going to sleep before Reece ever, ever again.

Megan said...

I also thought the post was awesome. It seems not only do you two deserve each other, but your rhetoric does too. You both make me laugh. Very good and clever writing.

Eric and Lindsay said...

A side of Reece I never knew... haha!

Kelly Danielle said...

Atta boy.
and
Jessica, way to ruin Reece's goodness.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to ruin "all" of Reece's goodness but unless he was speaking figuratively this was not his first kiss ever. I recall finding him in the stairwell at BHS...dun...dun...dun...I am here to ruin all :)

BUT
I did love the post and think you two are great together, definitely made for each other!!!