James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dear Baby...

I don't know why I've been having lower back pain and contractions all evening, but I have to say, you are giving me quite the scare.

Though the doctor assures me everything is fine and that my pain is likely the result of a pulled muscle from my workout this morning, I am not so sure I'm convinced. 

I get that you have needs.  I worked really hard to fulfill them today -- thus devouring a bagel with cream cheese, a waffle and a gigantic bowl of Frosted Flakes at 10:15 p.m.

So, if you could, please help to convince me beyond a doubt that you are planning to keep cooking for at least another 22 weeks, because your mama is quite fragile when plagued with an overload of pregnancy hormones.

Until then, I will remain on my side, rubbing the belly in which you reside, praying that this feeling goes away by the time I wake up tomorrow morning.

I love you darling,

Your anxious and couch-ridden mother

4 comments:

Emily said...

I had something similar around 20 weeks,it is very scary! I'm so sorry! No fun at all. I hope those darn contractions go away for you & the back pain too. (Keep drinking lots of water!)

De Rosa said...

Jessica that is way scary, that baby needs to keep cooking for way longer. Keep resting and take it easy maybe no work outs for awhile you are making me nervous. I think that baby knows how much fun you guys are and wants to come out asap.

todd and erin said...

I'm sorry you've been having pain and contractions. I hope everything is okay! That was a hard time in pregnancy for me...it's much more comforting when you can feel the baby all the time. Good luck!! PS. I'm really impressed you are working out so much during your pregnancy. I didn't do that so much...

Kelly Danielle said...

Hmmm... I'll come if you need a chaperon. Better yet, I'll come even if you don't need one!