James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Beach day...

I have one requirement, and one requirement alone when it comes to the place we settle to raise our children.

We must be within a few hours of the ocean.
Is that really too much to ask?

We enjoyed a beautiful, 75ish-degree day at the beach.
Since it's difficult to enjoy the ocean on an empty stomach (totally just made that up), we filled up at "The Spot," a greasy, fattening local dive that was transported directly from heaven.


Baby likes greasy food.
I devoured a hamburger, half of Reece's death-by-bacon-cheese-and-meat burger, four thousand fries and about two shakes.
It was just that good.

Then it was off to the beach.


 My girl was a bit weary of the sand, or as she called it, "snow."
The giant body of "wawa" was a bit threatening as well.
She preferred a nap on the blanket, located a safe distance from the shore.


I curled up with my Kindle while the brave, athletic members of the family started up a game of beach football.


 Seriously, this is the way December should be.
I think I'm living in the wrong state.


5 comments:

De Rosa said...

So jealous, I want to be by the beach, especial when the weather is this crappy here.

Jessica said...

Oh man, that sounds soooo nice!

Esplins said...

Soooo jealous! Glad you had a good holiday vacation though. Looks like you had a very Merry Christmas!

Valerie said...

You ARE living in the wrong state! When Mike and I move back to CA, you should come join us. Seriously.

Jo said...

She is soooo cute! Your daughter that is.
I'd like to share a memory I have from childhood: you called Jaclyn and told her you were moving, which made her cry, then you told her you were joking. I remember it vividly.
That is all.