James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Santa Barbara shopping spree...

Say that ten times fast.
Really, do it.
It's just as fun as it sounds.

If there was one valuable life lesson I learned on this trip, it was this:  post-Christmas shopping in Santa Barbara can, and likely will, drain your bank account.

Not because the sales aren't amazing, but because the sales are SO amazing (along with the stores themselves), you just. can't. stop. Especially when shopping with your sisters.


The hard core shoppers (meaning Alysha, Kelly and I) hit the shops at opening and were weighed down by a sufficient amount of purchases by lunchtime.  The boys met up with us later, much to my husband's dismay.

He's not really a fan of the whole shopping thing.  And marathon shopping?  Pretty sure it's his own personal hell.


But since he was such a good sport, I rewarded him with the joy that is Pinkberry.
There is very, very little I wouldn't do for Pinkberry.


See?
I wasn't "s-ing" around (reference, anyone? anyone?)
Six photos dedicated to the 30 minutes we spent at my personal mecca.


 Oh Santa Barbara, how we love thee.

The final portion of my California posting may make you think less of me, but frankly, I am willing to take that chance.

My sisters and I hunted down Trader Joe's.
We drove the 25 minutes required to get us there.
And we walked up and down the aisles for a good 60 minutes.

The best part:  I took pictures.
In a grocery store.
Told you you'd think less of me.


I would gladly exchange my soul for a Trader Joe's in Salt Lake City.
That's how much I love this place.

That's right, I'm wrapping up our Christmas vacation with a trip to the grocery store.
Because I'm that lame.

And now everyone can applaud and breathe a sigh of relief that the California posts have come to a close.

Thanks Nana and Papa for a wonderful, wonderful trip.

3 comments:

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

trader joe's is amazing. i will never take mine for granted again! And here's to hoping one comes too SLC soon!

Amy said...

If enough of us petition do you think they'll plant TJ here? That would be SWEET!

Cindy said...

SO jealous! Vacation is all about the shopping and the food for me so I love vacation posts with just pictures of the food you ate and the clothes you bought.