James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tough job...

Sometimes, being a mom is really hard.

Especially when you are exhausted and your kid refuses to eat and instead throws everything on the floor that you just vacuumed because your cats shed all over it and your house smells because the cat box hasn't been emptied for a week and you have to make dinner but the ingredients you need aren't in your pantry and then you go to the grocery store and your kid screams the entire time and you have to wait in a really, really, really long line only to be told you can't use the coupon that brought you to that store in the first place and then you get home and there are two giant baskets full of clean laundry that have been sitting in your room for three days and you can't even remember how long the dishes have been festering in the sink and then your kid goes on a sleep strike and you have to get up early for work the next morning and you still have a few thank you cards to send out from your kid's birthday that took place almost three months ago and you turn around to find the toys you cleaned up five seconds ago are sprawled across the floor once again and your kid has an unidentified object in her mouth and when you try to take it out she bites you and scratches your eye and you get so grumpy with your husband he honestly considers calling the people with the white coats to take you away and you feel like you're failing at pretty much everything.

End scene.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Ah, I'm so sorry. Sometimes motherhood ROCKS. And somedays, it just plains SUCKS. Here's hoping your kid is so exhausted she sleeps in tomorrow, your husband is extra sweet, and all your hard work today pays off tomorrow. Tomorrow will be better! It's just gotta be, right? :)

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

I love this. It paints the perfect picture of every day life. It's reality. Enjoy the quiet moments... few as they can be. : )

ECR said...

wait for the teen years... trust me you will wish for these days back again.

Here's an idea...send her to auntie Kimmy.

Abby said...

Oh, I am so with you. This was my yesterday. Get some sleep if you can. It always cures what ails you.

Meghan said...

I feel like this exactly how I felt yesterday. I am so sorry for you.

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

FEWWW... I have to take a break from reading this! I hope your doing okay. I hope your eye heals and your laundry gets put away. In the mean time. Dont stress. Your raising a family and keeping them alive. Look at you- Your a super hero!

Amy said...

Amen!!!

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

I love you.

AJ and Cindy said...

We love you! :) thanks for being real and sharing, I think we all have days and moments like that, it's nice to know we aren't alone. You know I think you're amazing.

Jordan Ormond said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this post. I really needed to hear that I'm not the only one with piles of laundry and festering dishes :)