James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, October 15, 2010

East Coast Chronicles: Chapter Six...

And we're back.
But the good news is, the East Coast Chronicles are almost at their end.

Picking up where I left off...

Biggest letdown: finding my absolute favorite New York building under renovation


Potential bank-buster: taking Lola into the American Girl Store


Cheesiest indulgence: parading around Rockefeller Plaza, the professional home of my news crush (Brian Williams) and my girl crush (Tina Fey).

Sadly I didn't get to meet either.


We paid homage to my parent network by browsing through the NBC Experience Store.  EXTRA cheesy?  Maybe.  But I loved it all the same.


We snapped a few shots at a smattering of landmarks on our walk to Central Park.

 

Favorite baby-friendly activity: strolling through Central Park.

We walked passed the Great Lawn, the zoo, the boat house.

We even managed to hunt down the marble slide on the East Side.

Lola loved it.
I loved it.

The two kids who kept pushing us out of the way to get to the top really loved it.

 
 
 
 
 
 

You've heard of Eloise at the Plaza?
Lola at the Plaza is so much better.


And I couldn't very well leave New York City without taking my kid to FAO Schwarz.
I was smart enough to stay outside though.
Walking inside would have been signing my own death warrant.

 
 

Most touristy activity: taking pictures in Times Square.

I haven't been since they started closing it to traffic at night.
It was actually quite lovely.
Lola couldn't get enough of the lights.

 

Most rewarding moment: sitting on the train on the way back to New Jersey with my happy, exhausted and overstimulated little girl and realizing that I survived a day in the big city as a (kind of) single mama.

I just hope my girl comes to love New York as much as I do.

1 comments:

alyssa said...

I want to go to New York so dang bad!! Also, I must have the "I want to go to there" and "what the what" magnets. We say those all the time!

(P.S. - I'm Alexis Wiseman's friend if you didn't remember... I'm not totally creepy)