James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, October 14, 2010

East Coast Chronicles: Chapter Five...

Because we are young and crazy, Camille and I made the trek back into the city Sunday.  This time, we had both babies in tow.

We stopped for bagels at "Time for a Bagel" right across the street from the Morris Plains train station.
Best. Bagels. Ever.


With the help of some fruit snacks and milk, the girls quite enjoyed the train ride.


So let's start handing out the awards for the day, shall we?

Most infuriating snack: the $8 cup of Pinkberry

My love affair with the watermelon yogurt ended at this very moment.

I'm still steaming mad about this one.  I could have brought home four cartons of Kroger's Deluxe Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for that price.


Sweetest moment: Lola pointing at the Empire State Building while yelling, "Oooooh! Ahhhhhhh! Oooooohhhhh!"


Nostalgic overload: Navigating the massive crowds at Mario Batali's Eataly market.

Heaven. On. Earth.

Pizza, pasta, breads, cheeses, gelato... all authentic to my favorite country in the world.
Brought me back to my Roma days.


I even stumbled upon my absolute favorite Italian treat: Pan di Stelle hazelnut cookies.
Too bad they cost more than my rent.


Most memorable NYC first: exploring Madison Square Park.

We loved the little market surrounding the square.
And though the line at Shake Shack was about 3,200 people long (again with the lines -- precisely why we plan to avoid Disneyland for as long as our children permit), the food smelled delicious.


Random discovery: the Polish pride parade on 5th Avenue.


Let's take a break, shall we?
Don't worry, the rest of these compelling awards will be handed out soon...

2 comments:

Erin Masi said...

You went to Eataly!! Ah!! I haven't been able to get there yet-It looks like it was wonderful!!

Amy said...

Mmmmm I think New York smells good. Am I right?