James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fridays...

It's funny how Friday nights change as you get older. 

When I was a kid, Fridays were a thrill because my bedtime was an hour later than normal. 

As a teenager, Fridays meant the end of a long week at school and the potential for a party, date or other opportunities for trouble.

In college, Fridays didn't really have much significance since I could already stay out as late as I wanted to any night of the week.  And that's why I loved college.

When I Reece and I were dating/engaged, Friday meant the start of a blissful two and a half days with my one true love.  It also meant making the nasty two and a half hour drive to Logan, or waiting two and a half hours for Reece to make it to Provo.

As newlyweds, Friday was our designated date night.  We saw a lot of movies, spent a lot of money on restaurants and made a lot of newlywed friends.

As parents, Friday usually means taking turns getting the girl to bed and then checking our Netflix Instant Watch for old, forgotten favorites.  Occasionally I make dinner.  Usually we dine on cereal and pick at our half gallon of ice cream with forks.

This particular Friday brought a picnic at Liberty Park.  We swung by our good friend Wendy's, where Reece ordered Lola a kid's Frosty.  There's a reason this kid demands real people food.


Lola's best friend Lyla met us there, and brought her parents along too.



Next up: the main event.  My kid is extremely opinionated about most things, and she has made it clear she adores the swings.


At first, little Lyla was quite terrified.  But she was a good sport and the girls had a swingin' time.  So clever, I know.



I am totally down with the Friday nights this stage of my life brings.  Because admittedly, I love the swings too.

1 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

that was so fun! the girls are at such a fun stage, maybe Lola will help Lyla not be so afraid of the swings next time!