James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Happy Little Discoveries...

 While cleaning off my nightstand the other day I stumbled across a jar full of unused gift cards. Williams Sonoma, Maverick, Megaplex, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Jamba Juice... I feel like I won the freakin' lottery. There's really nothing quite like discovering you have money to blow on frivolous things
-----
I got an e-mail from my boss yesterday informing me that the NHL Championships will preempt our early newscast on Saturday, which means I don't have to go to work until 7 p.m., which means I get to spend an entire blissful day with my hubby and baby.  I never (and I mean NEVER) thought I would say this, but right now I love the NHL
-----
 We thought the registration on our car didn't expire until the end of May, but it turns out it expired at the end of April.  How is this a happy discovery, you might ask? We drove around illegally for a whole month without getting caught!  That's something to celebrate people, especially since I rarely get away with anything
-----
While perusing Travelocity for the 384,989,387 time this week, I found a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise for next to nothing.  I have a feeling this is a sign, and who am I to ignore the gods?  The best discovery:  Reece didn't immediatly say no when I called to beg him to let me book it
-----
While in the shower yesterday, I noticed the brown line that appeared under my belly button whilst I was incubanting my daughter is finally gone, just in time for swimsuit season.  Now if only I could look down to discover abs like Jillian Michaels instead of the post-baby muffin top
-----

With all the discoveries I've make this week, I feel like Christopher Columbus.

And it feels good.

5 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

Those are all great discoveries, and I am glad I could benefit from the Maverick gift card! Also, you must fill me in on this cruise you found, details!! I think AJ and I could use a nice tropical vacation, too :)

Esplins said...

You.Are.Hilarious!!

Cindy said...

I love reading your blog. You are Christophe Columbus ... which reminds me... do you mind sharing the Mexican Riveria link with me??? PLEASE!

De Rosa said...

WOW this sounds like quiet the week, and man it's only Thursday! If I only had the luck you did because instead of looking down and only seeing my belly I could see my feet damn my luck! Anyway let us know about this Mexico thing Mike and I are interested. Wow I really do invite myself to everything, sorry. Just call me Fae!

Abby said...

i enjoy this post.