James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, May 28, 2010

All Hail, to You Old PG High...

Yesterday my baby sister graduated from high school.  Lola and I made the trek down to Provo for the ceremony, which proved to be quite exciting. 

Well, interesting anyway.

I guess that's what happens when you have to keep a baby entertained for two solid hours while sitting in extraordinarily uncomfortable seats.


Luckily grandma was on hand to keep Lola happy.  Because really, where else can a 9-month-old get Sour Patch Kids to suck on?


Alysha and Jason came along as well, and supplied me with the required amount of chocolate-covered cinnamon bears to survive a lengthy event in the Marriott Center.

Lola discovered them too, in a moment when none of us (with the exception of the auntie who basically forced one into Lola's chubby hand) was looking.


After sitting through the readings of about 23,098 names, my bladder would not longer be ignored and I rushed up the stairs feeling certain there was no way I would miss the one name that really mattered.

And then I did.

Luckily I was able to see her up close after the ceremony.  And let's face it, up close is always better than watching the jumbotron.  Ain't she purdy?


We missed two of our boys.  One was stuck at work while the other is off living the life in Jerusalem.

Here are a few paparazzi shots of my new bug goggles.  I rather love them, despite the fact they make me look like a fly.


The festivities extended beyond the glory of the Marriott Center.  The Sundance Foundry Grill provided us with the perfect celebratory lunch.  Lola dined on sweet potato fries and caramel apple pie ala mode, while I ate (gasp) a hamburger!

This is a really big deal, because I can't even remember the last time I ate red meat of any kind.  But you can't deny a craving.  I better not be pregnant, or Reece is dead meat. Get it?  MEAT?  


We are super duper proud of Miss Kelly, and can't wait to hear all about her crazy adventures at BYU.  Because believe me, there are many crazy adventures to be had there.  I should know.

1 comments:

Abby said...

That's great about your sister graduating and all.

And really sad about you missing her name to go pee and all.

But holy crap. You should do a post about your dad's G.I. Joe arms.