James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dear Reece...

Thank you for singing our baby to sleep every night.  No one can sing "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire" and "Blackbird" like you can.

Thank you for waking up with her in the middle of the night so I can get my beauty rest.

Thank you for waking up with her in the mornings, even though you are the one who has to go to work all day.

Thank you for telling me my baby fat is gone, even though I'm pretty sure you are lying.

Thank you for doing the dishes every night because you know I hate doing the dishes.

Thank you for not running out the door during each of the 239,098,879,987 psychotic episodes I've had since we've been married.

Thank you for loving me, even when I probably don't deserve to be loved.

Thank you for being patient with me as I work myself out of this rut I'm in.

I love you.

Your Crazy Wife

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Jan through march are tough. ruts seem to be common. and. you deserve to be loved like reece loves you. and he is a good good guy. are yous till thinking of visiting? will you stay with us again :)?

Caitlin said...

Sincerity:) such a beautiful thing...I read this and thought, "I totally get it. So many women totally get it." Jess, you're not alone dear, these ruts happen to so many of us women, including myself, and it passes! The best part is that our husbands just love us and for them it's okay. I LOVE YOU! and thank you for the post! xoxo cait

AJ and Cindy said...

this letter could have been written by me to AJ! If it makes you feel better, we are both crazy wives :) jk hope your are doing okay! Hopefully tomorrow at church we can actually talk and not just give a friendly wave :)oh, and please don't forget my name....

Jessica and Reece said...

Amanda, I am totally planning to come to NYC in the fall, and of course we want to see you! Cait, you are a sweetheart. Cindy, I guess we are completely unknown because someone forgot my name too :)

siovhan said...

you're coming to eugene!! you're coming to eugene!! you're coming to eugene!! you're coming to eugene!! you're coming to eugene!! you're coming to eugene!! you're coming to eugene!! you're coming to eugene!! you're coming to eugene!! you're coming to eugene!! you're coming to eugene!! you're coming to eugene!! you're coming to eugene!! you're coming to eugene!! you're coming to eugene!! you're coming to eugene!!

so...if you wanna do dinner or lunch or anything, i'm TOTALLY up for it. :) i'll facebook message you my #.