James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tardiness Explained...

We used to be on time for things.

At least that's how I remember it.

Maybe it's because it was easier to get two people out the door than it is three.  Maybe it's because neither Reece nor I ever required a last-minute diaper change before we headed out, at least not to my knowledge. Maybe it's because my purse demands fewer essentials than the diaper bag.

Anyway, as luck would have it, our church starts at 1 p.m.  It takes about 4 minutes to walk there.  This is Utah, after all.

You would think that would give us plenty of time to wake up, shower, clean the house, solve world hunger, read "War and Peace" from cover to back -- you get the point.

Yet, try as we might, we cannot seem to make it into our seats until the clock strikes 1:15... or later.

Though I can't always pinpoint exactly what it is that contributes to our frequent tardiness, today was an exception.

It all began when Lola discovered a love for pearls.

 
 Naturally, we had to snap a few photos.  After all, the girl was pulling on the strand so tight I nearly passed out.  I must have documented proof, you know, for blackmailing purposes and such.

At this point we glanced at the clock and realized it was really time to get going.  So I handed the child over to her father and began to ready her stroller for takeoff.
But then I turned to see most beautiful little duo the world has to offer, promptly dropped my purse (again) and grabbed the camera (again).

 
By the time I forced myself to break away from this magic moment, there was no hope of arriving on time.  So instead of fretting, I embraced it.
So to recap, we were late for church because I insisted on taking pictures.

I think I love my camera (and my baby) too much for my own good.

4 comments:

Amy said...

In your defense, NOT snapping those pictures would've been child abuse. :)

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

Love those pictures! Definitely worth it, and I am a return missionary!

Abby said...

been catching up on blogs today and have to say I've been enjoying yours immensely. I was holding Lydia while she was sleeping and I was laughing so hard at you guys stuck in the car with the smelly diaper but I was trying to hold super still which made me laugh even harder.

Also? I didn't think it was possible, but that Lola gets cuter every day!

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

Expensive taste. Send her my way PLEASE! I miss her. "Oh how sweet, sweet cookie!"